Internet & Email: Username & Password Help
Account holders can view, add or remove Fixed Broadband / Mobile Broadband OptusNet usernames/email accounts or change their corresponding passwords using My Account. If you can't remember your My Account log in details, see this article first.
Please note: You cannot edit a Primary account's username, you can however, reset its password in My Account.
I've forgotten my Internet / Email username or password
If you know your My Account log in details, you can see all linked usernames and change their associated passwords in My Account. If you can't remember your My Account log in details, see this article first.
How to view OptusNet usernames / change passwords in My Account
1. Log in with your My Account username, not your service or phone number
2. Follow steps A & B as shown in the image below
3. Select your Fixed or Mobile Broadband service then follow steps A & B as shown in the image below
5. In the 'Email Accounts' screen you can view, add or remove secondary accounts or edit your primary or secondary account passwords by following the prompts.
- If you change the primary account's password, make sure that your read the important info at the base of this article
- If you delete a secondary email account, it cannot be recovered
Changing the Primary Username's password can also:
- Change your Internet Access password (eg. ServiceNet / PPPoE passwords for DSL Internet Access)
- Change your My Account password if it shares the same username with your OptusNet account
- Change your Member Services password (Used for online billing with Cable services)
- Change the Account Holder's OptusNet Primary email password
Changing a Secondary Account's password will:
- Change the password of the associated secondary OptusNet email address only
- Not affect your My Account or any other security log in details